Facebook Account Deactivated

To claim that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I make sure it is for any other social media supervisor. Not only do I utilize it to stay connected with family and friends-- however I'm for life including material to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my surprise when I attempted to sign right into Facebook one morning only to get the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I tried to visit with one more browser and I obtained the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a type submission page for those wishing to contact Facebook about their handicapped account, as well as I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired as well as how I can obtain accessibility back to the many web pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I take care of a range of web pages for customers, and was constantly conscious regarding the web content I posted-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook also.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the good friends that's e-mail addresses I actually had and clarified what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were identified right into three different categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you uploaded political stuff (I like Ron Paul and also common web content about #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I research some of the write-ups by others that have actually had their accounts impaired to figure out why my own was all of a sudden pulled-- without advising I need to include. The publishing dates on the short articles span the life time of Facebook, showing that the business has for life been on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some articles by well-known blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook users had their profiles and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're essentially on our own.

Reading these posts didn't impart much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I lost was beginning to set in also.

Throughout the years I had computer systems collision, taken, lost, etc. as well as depend on Facebook to host all my traveling and celebration pictures. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not submit all my images on Facebook for my friends and family to watch at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, plenty of videos, article (notes), plus all the calls (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with numerous who were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a really grim situation as I better realized simply what was shed.

I needed to regain accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my clients, and likewise for my very own business. Most of my pages' admin access were shown to a partner as well as were quickly set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shared with my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and rightfully so. I, as well, would certainly examine the individual I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was impaired. Would not you?

I still don't have an answer to that question. "I have no concept" is the response I still provide, since its real. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reading the factors Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, message sex-related content, pester any person. so why they erased me really did not make sense. Just after I review various other articles did I recognize a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, yet meant different than the rest of my family members. I also had a client who lately utilized a competition promotion to enhance their email listing. According to Facebook promotional guidelines, contests can just be operated on Facebook with a couple of applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook page and it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's site), and the victor was informed using email (you can not reveal winners on your wall), I was confident this was the offending activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it was about a week because I originally composed Facebook that fateful morning, and also I still hadn't gotten a reply. I took another look at the page allowing me to get in touch with Facebook, as well as clarified that I currently had a much better suggestion about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that once more (was it truly that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited again. After a couple of more days I realized something. something extremely important-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never gotten the email since it was readied to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me prior to this e-mail, I would have never ever gotten it.

A few days later I ultimately received an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, however I make sure there have to be somebody there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never recognize if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Do not manage your various customer's pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a good friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account handicapped, and had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to contact Facebook straight because I received the e-mail from Javier, yet I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling policy? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU sites and also if you want somebody off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook should allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends condition updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature in this area-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm really taking into consideration buying stock so they will need to pay attention to my complaint-- at least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so just how?