Is My Facebook Account Deactivated

To state that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I use it to communicate with friends and family-- however I'm for life including web content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Is My Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I attempted to authorize into Facebook one morning just to get the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also indicate?

I attempted to log in with another browser and also I obtained the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a kind entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook about their impaired account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was impaired and just how I can obtain accessibility back to the many web pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I take care of a variety of web pages for clients, and also was constantly conscious about the material I posted-- besides, my parents get on Facebook as well.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the close friends who's email addresses I in fact had as well as described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were categorized into three different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and common web content regarding #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research some of the posts by others who have had their accounts handicapped to learn why my own was suddenly drawn-- without warning I need to include. The publishing days on the write-ups extend the life time of Facebook, revealing that the firm has forever gotten on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I found some write-ups by famous bloggers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook found that they disabled. For the rest people, we're generally on our very own.

Reading these write-ups really did not instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The realization of what I shed was starting to set in as well.

Over the years I had computer systems collision, swiped, lost, etc. as well as depend on Facebook to organize all my traveling and also party photos. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also family members to watch at their discretion? There were well over 2000 pictures, plenty of video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with several who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really bleak situation as I additionally realized just what was lost.

I had to reclaim access to Facebook to manage the web pages for my customers, and additionally for my very own ventures. Many of my pages' admin access were shared with a companion and were quickly held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown to my clients, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, too, would certainly examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still do not have an answer to that concern. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still provide, since its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was disabled. After reading the factors Facebook handicapped accounts on their page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add people, blog post sexual web content, pester any individual. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I check out other short articles did I recognize a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the very same, however spelled various than the remainder of my household. I likewise had a client who just recently utilized a contest promo to boost their email checklist. According to Facebook marketing standards, contests can only be run on Facebook with either applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page and it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), and also the victor was informed via e-mail (you can not introduce winners on your wall), I was positive this was the upseting action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Adieu'.

At this point it had to do with a week since I at first wrote Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I took another look at the page allowing me to call Facebook, and discussed that I now had a far better idea about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I swore never ever to do something like that again (was it truly that negative??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited once more. After a few more days I realized something. something really vital-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever received the email due to the fact that it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent one more e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me before this e-mail, I would certainly have never ever gotten it.

A few days later I ultimately received an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only response I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make certain there need to be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll choose to erase you.
2. Don't handle your different customer's web pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a good friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account impaired, and also had great deals of time to review the experience. I haven't tried to contact Facebook directly given that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites and also if you want someone off your website, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their good friends standing updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit elder in this area-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm actually taking into consideration buying stock just so they will need to listen to my complaint-- at the minimum I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so just how?